Placing Assets: What am I doing wrong?

I’m trying to create a line of meshes, and as a first pass I thought I’d just do a dumb splitting of the space.

The procedure as I’ve currently got it looks like this:

RailingFloorSection creates a single instance of the mesh I want to place, at the location of the Frame (but not using the dimensions of the frame). It seems to work.

But when I run this procdure, I only get a single instance of the mesh, independent of how large I make the ‘size’ component of the Where? parameter.

What am I doing wrong?

Nevermind, I got it. Turns out it was within the RailingFloorSection procedure.

What I had was this:

What I actually needed was this:

By the way, while setting the dimesions of the input frame to be the same as the dimensions of the mesh frame, what I first thought to do was to set the position of the mesh frame to the position of the input frame and use the results of that… but I couldn’t figure out how to do that. Can someone clarify how I would do that?

Resizing the input frame to match the asset bounds is equivalent to moving the asset bounds to the position of the input frame. There are complications if you want to take the asset pivot into account, and this is something Ed has been fighting with, so I am thinking about a Place Pivot operator that places based on where you want the asset pivot and not where you want the asset bounds.

1 Like

To follow-up to this, there is now a Place Pivot operator for frames that does this.

1 Like